RE: A real EAS system

> I remember as a child asking my parents what the
> two triangles on the car radio dials were.  They
> had no clue.  It wasn't generally known to the
> public (i.e. my parents and their friends) for a
> few years.  In Lewiston, Maine there was a station
> at 1240 - WCOU.
>
> Roger

That reminds me of a question about the old AM only radio dials - what was
with "54" with the "4" always smaller than the "5"?  For that matter, it
was like that on my first pocket transister radio (with that waycool
earpiece.)

I know that George Carlin had a bit years ago about the radio dial, from
that deep voice all night New York jazz jock to that whacky AM jock.  "And
then there was, what is to the left of fifty FOUR????"

Bill O'Neill