RE: 96.9

to Bill O's inquiry, Garrett replied:
>>No, you're thinking of 105.7 which was WCLB for quite a while,
actually -- the Archives show that they were WCLB from Feb. '93 to
July '95.<<

the change of 105.7 WCLB to 105.7 WKLB was made, at least on the record for
official explanations, due to perceived call letter confusion between WCLB and
WCRB.  during my brief stint at WCLB, we had to "punch" the L.

one fun note of the country war that was waged in Boston was the WBCS campaign
focused on how "We don't spell Country with a "K"!"  turns out spelling doesn't
always count. ;-)

and as we've noted before, WKLB was, in the 70's, the call letters for Grahm
Junior College's carrier-current am 640.  the four Grahm buildings were
Wadsworth, Kenmore, Leavit and Beacon.  (the original calls for the station
were WCSB for Cambridge School of Broadcasting)

- -Chuck (with a K) Igo