Re: Resumes

My friend's daughter recently completed a job search, mostly on-line,
after relocating to the SF area.

Most of her resume submissions via e-mail requested plain text in the
body of the e-mail message. Many of these job postings specified that
applications submitted with attachments of any type would not be opened
because of the threat of viruses.

As to generating PDF files, should you need them;
If you have a Mac and are running OSX, you can generate PDF files from
the print dialog box with out getting the full version of Adobe Acrobat.
Some Adobe products -- Pagemaker and Illustrator, I believe, maybe
others -- include the PDF writer print driver.
Then there is  the Open Source PS/PDF interpreter, GhostScript --
available at http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/  For various flavors of
Windows, Linux and Unix.

Tony