RE: Resumes

Are you trying to tell us that you WILL use proprietary software if it doesn't
come from Microsoft? I thought a package had to be available under GPL to make
it onto your list. Creating a PDF file normally requires Adobe Acrobat, which
is proprietary and relatively expensive. (Acrobat Reader, which is freeware,
can open PDFs but it cannot create them.) I have a low-cost package called
Print2PDF, which the publisher, Blue Squirrel, publishes under license from
Adobe. Print2PDF allows you to create PDFs using a much lower cost package than
Acrobat. However, the package is not for everyone. Unlike PDFs created with
Acrobat, those created with Print2PDF are bit maps and so are MUCH larger
than "real" PDFs. Also, unlike real PDFs, files created with Print2PDF are not
searchable for text strings using the string-search tool in Acrobat Reader.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205