Tighter DAs at night than day

<<On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 21:09:43 +0000, Dan.Strassberg@att.net said:

> back west to a site about 3 km north of the old Livingston site but
> with seven towers days and four night using 8.5 kW-D/5 kW-N DA-2.

Which reminds me of something I noticed last year in Dallas.  There
are a number of stations in that market that have significantly
stricter patterns during the day than they do at night.  This is a
relatively uncommon situation, but becoming more common recently as
the envy factor causes stations to build out ill-considered daytime
power upgrades while leaving the night facilities unchanged.  Can
anyone think of another example?

I recall that the NRC's odd antenna mode code scheme includes a code
for DA-D/ND-N operation, so there must be some station somewhere which
is doing that (any of them fulltimers?).

-GAWollman