RE: Is Sporting News Radio dead?

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Paul Hopfgarten wrote:

> Speaking of WSNR, should I have expected NOT to hear 620 in Queens/Nassau
> County? I checked 620 on my radidio Fri 5PMish, and 620 was "Hormel" brand
> hash. Is that the norm?

AM 62 is THE WORST signal in New York City (not counting AM 1660 and the
lack of expanded band capable radios).  Northern Manhattan (Washington
Heights and Inwood) are also the same.

I realize it's licenced now to Jersey City, but still...  The pattern over
this area has lots and lots of nulls.  When I was in New Jersey a couple
of years back - in spitting distance of the antenna farms of the
Meadowlands and Lyndhurst, I could not hear AM 62 ... the wavelength was
completely empty.

Look at the theoretical pattern for WSNR-AM 62 here,

Daytime:

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=WSNR&service=AM&status=L&hours=D

Nighttime:

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=WSNR&service=AM&status=L&hours=N