RE: RE: Re: WNSH Back To (Bird) Talk?

Laurence:
> Thanks for the straight scoop.  But we know WRKOers view this site.
> Now that I've brought it up, it may be the engine for just
> such an eventuality.

<harp sfx under> The only such RKO situation I can recall was Boston Red
Sox.  It had bounced from former WHDH (850 Boston) to WRKO, and before
that, WPLM  (99.1 Plymouth/Dodge/Volvo).  As you know, 850 kHz is
unacceptable in Lowell area after dark, so WCAP filled a good void.
Once the Sox bounced to WRKO, it remained at both signals for at least a
couple of seasons, but I am not sure.  You could A/B the two and it was
a wash for coverage.  I had always thought that WRKO finally caught on
and, as flagship, pulled the switch.  One of my first gigs, over 20 yrs.
ago, was teching Sox games while watching on a little monochrome tv in
the studio, sucking down 25 cent Diet Pepsis (from the museum of
broadcasting and cooling.)  That was secondary to Chuck Cecil's Swingin'
Years, of course. <g>

<harp> Prayed for rain delays with Ken Coleman and John Miller just to
hear those guys spin radio yarn.

Bill O'Neill  <memory harp sfx out>