Re: shows for kids RE: Fred Rogers

On 28 Feb 2003 at 7:24, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> Way back when every local station at at least one kids show that was local
>
> 4 Bob Emery, Rex Trailer
> WHDH 5 Bob Cottle,  Bozo,  Romper Room (Miss Jean)
> WCVB 5 Jabberwocky Pixanne
> 7 Major Mudd
> and way before him there was a Frank Luther?? (Donna ring a bell?)
> 9 Uncle Gus, Ring a Ding the Clown
> 12 Salty Brine
> 38 Willie Whistle
> 56 Commander Chris

Does anyone remember Channel 4's early-50s children's shows, pre-Rex Trailer?   I
remember an earlier Western character called Al Raleigh (spelling probably not accurate),
who initially led a group of Western singers, who branched out into more a adventuresome
children's format called "Round-up Time."  They also had an old-timer named Mr. Fistoosh
(again, spelling is phonetic).

And Carl deSeuze was on as "Uncle Carl" with a handpuppet dog named "Popo."

I hope I'm not the only one who remembers these characters.  Donna?