shows for kids RE: Fred Rogers

I am saddened by the fact that my 11 year old never had a local show he
could enjoy and remember when he gets older.

Many of us remember Rex Trailer, Major Mudd, Big Brother but we overlook
someone who was a local version of Fred. Bob Cottle.

His Captain Bob show was like magic to me and it was a thrill to work
with him at WXPO in Lowell.

Way back when every local station at at least one kids show that was
local

4 Bob Emery, Rex Trailer
WHDH 5 Bob Cottle,  Bozo,  Romper Room (Miss Jean)
WCVB 5 Jabberwocky Pixanne
7 Major Mudd
and way before him there was a Frank Luther?? (Donna ring a bell?)
9 Uncle Gus, Ring a Ding the Clown
12 Salty Brine

38 Willie Whistle
56 Commander Chris

and of course we must include Treehouse 50 <g>

Kids shows were the cheapest thing to produce and kids LOVED them. Using
my kidlet as a test audience it still would work