Re: WVMT joins Evil Empire

--- Kevin Vahey <k-vahey@attbi.com> wrote:
> WVMT 620 Burlington has joined the NY Yankees
> network
> English baseball lives in Montreal

Oh no...the dreaded and despised Yanks move to 620!
Well at least I can still hear my Sox (as far as I
know) on WJOY 1230 when I go up there. Weren't
the Yanks already on up in Burlington, via
WKDR 1390?

(By the way, I went to a pizza place up in
Colchester, VT--Mallets Bay, not far from the
620 stick?-- called New York Pizza or something like
that. The food was good but I was distracted by all
the Yankee memorabilia around the place. While
many Bostonians/Sox fans like myself have been
known to go to the Burlington area, there are also
many New Yorkers/ Yankee fans up there, either
having moved from NY or "just visiting". Oh,
and I think the Mets are heard via a station
across the lake...)

As for "English baseball in Montreal", wasn't
"Team 990" carrying the Expos in English, at least
some games? In August I was in Montreal for a couple
days and I saw the Expos play the Mets. The next
day, a weekday afternoon, I was coming back toward
Vermont and heard an Expos-Mets game on 990,
in English...

> Meanwhile with a month to go neither CKAC or CKGM
> have resigned with the
> San Juan Expos

Is CKGM "the Team 990"?

The Expos may be elsewhere for good after this
season, as it is.

Tonight on WEEI: the 1918 World Champs return :)