RE: Globe's Alex Beam column on talk radio

Bob writes:
> From today's Globe. Beam says that liberals already do
> have some talk radio going, what with NPR and
> some shock jocks; also he maintains that what's
> entertaining and what gets ratings is what really
> matters in today's talk radio.

I submitted a response to WSJ
http://www.opinionjournal.com/taste/responses.html?article_id=110003099
on the notion of Democrats hatching a plot to unleash a liberal answer
to Limbaugh.

Talkers who swing left or right, entertainers and influencers, are less
of a concern to me than news outlets chomping at the bit to flail an
agenda in the political breeze.

Bill O'Neill