Re:WRKO adds Colmes; moves VB's show

As a liberal (and regardless of what people on this list may think, not that
far left a liberal--I have several friends who are WAY farther to the left), I
find it disappointing that Savage is such a compelling listen. Despite my
politics, I was hooked on him for maybe six weeks three or four months ago. I
used to tell myself that I listened because it was important to understand the
thinking of a very large segment of the population. Now, all that I can hope
for is that he wears thin on his millions of listeners, just as he did on me.

He's a bright guy with a PhD (albeit in Nutrition), but his penchant for name
calling suggests a limited intellect. I never figured out whether he indulges
in name calling because he doesn't realize how dumb it is or because he knows
it sells. My guess is the latter. I suspect that he calculates the impact of
every diatribe before he opens his mouth. But I still think that he is awfully
dangerous and I think that he learned the cadences of his rhetoric by listening
to recordings of speeches by Adolph Hitler.

I sure hope he proves not to have the lasting power of Rush Limbaugh. From what
I remember of Colmes, I can't imagine his becoming as popular as Savage--even
briefly. I thought his show on WCAP was simply horrendous. There is nothing in
what he says or the way he says it that makes me, as a liberal, want to rally
around him.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205