Re: Re:Re: Re:Re: Exempt industries

<<On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:35:15 -0500, "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net> said:

> have not researched this, but I am told that Maine's  minimum wage applies
> in a number of areas where the federal rate does not.  One of those areas
> would be the broadcasting exemption that began this discussion.

There is no `broadcasting exemption' to the minimum wage.  (There is
such an exemption for employees of newspapers with circulation less
than 50,000 distributed primarily within their county of publication,
but not for broadcasters.)

The broadcasting exemption is for the maximum work week, which
determines when overtime or compensatory time must be offered.

-GAWollman