Re: Boston Globe Online / Metro | Region / WPRI reporter's link to club st irs ethical questions

On 22 Feb 2003 at 20:56, Dave Faneuf wrote:

> I would say that just the opposite would be the case,  I know that I for
> one would want to make very certain that no one could label me as being
> biased since that would be the natural inclination once it was learned
> that a reporter was a co-owner of the club.  yesterday the tv's did the
> right thing and checked with other clubs the band recently played at and
> discovered claims similar to the one being made by owners in this case,
> that same question should have been, and apparently was eventually asked
> of employees....you are right that being first does not mean getting an
> accurate story on the air. df

Today the band was saying they did have permission for the fireworks, and they say the
owner was there and saw them setting it up.  Given the ethics of many businesses today, I
wouldn't necessarily believe the club owner, or other club owners -- or the band either.
They're all going to have a strong incentive to cover their asses.