Re: Re:RE: Boston Globe Online / Metro | Region / WPRI reporter's link to club stirs ethical questions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Vita" <brian_vita@cssinc.com>
To: "'Dan Billings'" <billings@suscom-maine.net>; <k-vahey@attbi.com>;
"'Dave Faneuf'" <tklaundry@juno.com>
Cc: <billo@shoreham.net>; <k-vahey@attbi.com>; <bri@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 3:03 PM
Subject: RE: Re:RE: Boston Globe Online / Metro | Region / WPRI reporter's
link to club stirs ethical questions

<<It may very well have been their belief that it did.  If the renovations
were done by the previous owner and presented to Jeff as having been done to
code, would he have any reason to believe otherwise.>>

That may be true.  But I wonder if the station would be so quick to accept
the word of a club owner that their club was safe.  I'm sure the Chicago
club owner would have said the same thing before last weekend's tragedy.
Usually the news media is skeptical of such claims made by business owners
and loves nothing better than pointing out when a business owner is skirting
such regulations.  I don't see that happening when one of their employees
owned the club.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine