RE: Re:RE: Boston Globe Online / Metro | Region / WPRI reporter's link to club stirs ethical questions

> I don't see a problem with using Jeff's club.

I am troubled by the station saying that they picked the club because it was
to be used as an example of a club that observed all safety regulations.
How did they know this?  Was the club suggested as a model by inspectors.
If so, then it was a good choice.  More likely, they accepted the word of
their employee that the club obeyed all safety regulations.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

It may very well have been their belief that it did.  If the renovations
were done by the previous owner and presented to Jeff as having been done to
code, would he have any reason to believe otherwise.  If the previous owners
used improper materials and somehow got it by the inspectors (either through
an oversight or something more sinister)to get the place licensed, then why
would the new owners have been suspicious.

As a side note, buildings that I have worked in in the Providence area have
some of the worst wiring that I have ever encountered.  After killing all of
the breakers to a location, I have been knocked on my ass by supposed
grounds and neutrals (which when traced are wired directly to the hot
buss-bars in the service panel!

Brian Vita