Re:RE: Boston Globe Online / Metro | Region / WPRI reporter's link to club stirs ethical questions

---------- Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> writes:
 one issue remains:  the club got a waiver to NOT have
sprinklers.  This is outrageous to me-- and it occurred long before the
Derderian Brothers bought it.  Older clubs don't have to observe the newer
laws and I think that's wrong.  I think all clubs should have sprinklers--

Dave:
It was my understanding that the club was exempted from the sprinkler regulation by virture of when it was constructed, prior to the law taking effect and not because they requested a waiver of the law.  That question was asked of the fire chief in one news conference that I saw and he responded that the lack of sprinklers was not a legal issue in this case.   Bottom line, I appears the club owners did nothing wrong in that regard, if changes need to be made they need to be made legislatively.
df