Change of ownership

<<On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 01:07:01 -0500, "A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@attorneyross.com> said:

> Something just occurred to me.  If I own a radio station, do I need
> FCC permission to die, whereupon ownership and control of the
> station would pass to my estate?

No.  But your executor with respect to the broadcast license(s), must
be qualified to control a license in the usual manner, and obviously
the same must be true of any person you wish to inherit the license.
I forget which form it is, but the FCC has a special form for
``involuntary transfer of control'', used in the case of death,
incapacity, foreclosure, and bankruptcy.

-GAWollman