Master Controls in remote locations

On  Fri, 14 Feb 2003 21:15:37 Kevin Vahey wrote:
> This is really getting out of control, controlling
> New Haven out of
> Springfield is one thing but PROVIDENCE?????

<snip>

>  I have a real problem with this LIN
> thing.

  Aww come on.  This same set up has been in operation
in Upstate NY for several years now.  The former
Ackerley Group TV stations (now Clear Channel) which
span from Utica west to Rochester, and including
Binghamton, Elmira, and Watertown, have been running
out of WIXT Syracuse's Master Control for a few years
now.  And from Syracuse, I am sure they cannot receive
an over the air signal from any of the stations except
for WUTR Ch. 20 in Utica, *maybe* WWTI (channel 50) up
in Watertown (but thats really pushing it) and WIXT,
of course.  It always amazed me that WOKR (channel 13)
in Rochester was fully run out of Syracuse when
Rochester is a significantly larger market than
Syracuse.  Unfortunately, this is the way the industry
is going these days

                              Matt Osborne
                              Poughkeepsie, NY