Re: WPRI master

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 21:38:16  Garrett Wollman wrote:

> They run Buffalo out of Indianapolis.  There's been
> talk that they
> might pick up Young's WTEN in Albany, although
> nothing ever came of
> it.

Ok so that leaves me with a question. For these types
of remote setups, how do these broadcasting companies
get the air signals from these remote master control
locations to the actual transmitters, which can be
located hundreds of miles away?  Is is a satelite
setup, or do they use long distance microwave
transmissions?

                             Matt Osborne
                             Poughkeepsie, NY