NECN in Vermont

<<On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:37:14 -0500, "Kevin Vahey" <k-vahey@attbi.com> said:

> Adelphia picked up NECN a few years ago

And what a prime position it gets in the lineup, too!  I'll stand by
my assertion that nobody up there watches it.  (I bet if they offered
NewsWorld (domestic) it would get more viewers.)

Interesting that the core broadcast setup has not changed
significantly in quite a long time.  (The 3/22/5/33 arrangement dates
back at least to Champlain Cablevision days.)

My recollection of the lineup from 1990:

2 - CBFT
3 - WCAX
4 - WVNY
5 - WPTZ
6 - WETK
7 - TVGC/leased access (later swapped with 2)
8 - either local access or an ext-basic channel
9 - ESPN
10 - CBMT
11 - WPIX
12 - CFCF
13 - WCFE
14 - public access
17 - WTBS

I don't think we ever got WWOR.  C-SPAN was down in the low end as
well as The Weather Channel.  NESN was available as a premium service;
I didn't know anyone who got or watched it.  SCNE was in there
somewhere, too.

The OTA broadcast lineup from 1988 looked like this:

2 - CBFT
3 - WCAX
5 - WPTZ
6 - CBMT
10 - CFTM
12 - CFCF
17 - CIVM
18 - WNPI
(22- WVNY)
(33- WETK)
35 - CFJP
(57- WCFE)

(Stations shown in parentheses were not copyable from our receiving
location due to severe multipath -- so if it was on ABC in the 1980s,
I probably never saw it, unless aired on CBC or CTV.)

If we had lived on the other side of Mansfield, we probably would have
had 7 and 9 from Sherbrooke (now joined by 11) and 8 from
Mt. Washington.  None of the LPTVs existed at that time, and 44 was
still an open allotment.

-GAWollman