Re: Hub, forecasters take it on chin

On Saturday, February 8, 2003, at 03:01  PM, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> The forecasts from NECN are worse:  they may give a temperature range
> that includes Hartford, VT and Hartford, CT, and correspondingly
> varied snowfall totals.

To my delight, my cable system just added NECN.  Its weather coverage
is not so Boston-oriented and provides information about more areas
than just "inside 128" or "out in Worcester".

But after a detailed forecast, what's the point of having one high and
one low temperature for each day?  My gosh, how can one temperature be
accurate for Providence RI and Burlington VT at the same time?
Bridgeport CT and Bangor ME?  I would think temperature maps with
colored gradients would tell the story a lot better.

Paul