Re: MOUNT WASHINGTON BURNS

"Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net> wrote:
> I wonder if Citadel is insured for lost revenue for when they are down?  I
> worked at WOXO when their tower fell down and the owner had good insurance
> so he was not hurt much by the downtime.  I wonder if an insurance company
> would insure these stations for lost revenue considering their location on
> the mountain.
>
> Even if they get WHOM back on the air as Scott suggests, I assume that
many
> advertisers would want reduced rates due to the smaller coverage area.

I wonder why stations in these situations where calamities would make
antenna/transmitter replacement a hardship wouldn't have primaries that
aren't on the same tower/building as the primary. The World Trade Center
towers are another parallel to this. Most stations also had their backups on
the top of the WTCs. Obviously, everything was wiped out with the disaster.
Out of the TV stations, only WCBS had a backup elsewhere.