Re: MOUNT WASHINGTON BURNS

Scott Fybush Wrote:

 >one wonders, also, if whatever started the fire would have been caught
- and quickly - if channel 8 were still up there and the building were
still manned >24/7.

That's what I was wondering. I'm sure there's no way that things could
have been as well maintained with no one babying those generators every
day since WMTW left. The fire just a few days over a year since WMTW
shut down from there.

According to a message being broadcast on WOKQ, the State of NH is going
to try to place a generator there tomorrow, but I can't imagine how they
will protect it from the elements up there. They would have to have some
kind of shelter or place it in a building, then they would have to do
something about maintaining or rotating it out on a regualar basis until
permanant replacements can be installed. Then the logistics of getting
fuel and tying in electrical distribution in those conditions sounds
like a nightmare.

-Ben