The future of WHOM/94.9 ? (Re: MOUNT WASHINGTON BURNS)

This is the way I look at it.  There's no doubt that
WHOM will return to "the Rock" eventually. The all
important tourist listeners in 4 states and Southern
Quebec have come to depend on WHOM as the most solid
signal in the North Country.  It is the station with
the largest FM coverage in North America. I am sure
that WHOM will get back on its' feet once the weather
cooperates. Plus, WHOM is a major part of the EAS
system in New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont.

What I think will happen will be that the WCYY/93.9
affiliation will continue for the next few months.
WHOM willprobably return to the air on their backup
facility (5000 watts or so).  I am sure the old
Armstrong building can handle a 3.5 to 5 KW
transmitter .  Where there's will, there's a way.  I
wish them luck and a full recovery down the road.  If
the main antenna is intact, they can use it again at
full power, once they replace the main transmitter
system (now destroyed).  We can only hope.  I'm sorry
that a piece of broadcast history is gone.  Now if
only WMTW was still there.

Peter Q.

=====
Peter Q. George (K1XRB)