Re: Storm cancellations on radio, TV

Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:

>What's the point of listening to the radio when I can go to their website.
>I thought these people were in the RADIO BROADCASTING business?
>
>Besides...who has time to surf the web while you're getting dressed in the
>morning? :-P

I dunno...look at the number of people who have the tv on when they're
getting ready for work/school in the morning.  If you've got time to watch
tv, you've got time to check out a station's website.

I rather like the idea of un-cluttering the airwaves with loooong lists of
cancellations.  Rather than having to sit thru a 10 minute list of
cancellations/delays, etc. you can go online, check to see if the ONE
organization you're interested in is on or off and go on your
way.  Meanwhile, this frees up the station to offer programming other than
closings...I for one do not have school aged children and am not in the
least bit interested if school is closed or not.