Re: Storm cancellations on radio, TV

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Bob Nelson wrote:

> Remember the time--and it wasn't that long ago--
> when you'd tune to a local radio station (especially
> a news or talk one) and they'd follow their top of the
> hour news with a long list of storm cancellations?

WOR-Radio 710 in New York City still does that.  I think WFAS-AM 1230 and
_maybe_ WFAS-FM 103.9 in White Plains (Westchester) still do also...

What's the point of listening to the radio when I can go to their website.
I thought these people were in the RADIO BROADCASTING business?

Besides...who has time to surf the web while you're getting dressed in the
morning? :-P

--
Sven