Re: Storm cancellations on radio, TV

> Besides...who has time to surf the web while you're
> getting dressed in the
> morning? :-P

When I was growing up in Nahant, there was another way
of getting the word out about storm cancellations:
the horn on top of the police station (a couple blocks
from my house) would blow a couple times.
("7:00 High School; 7:15, all in town schools"...of
course Nahant never had a high school so the high
schoolers went to Lynn when I was that age.
These days, they go to Swampscott High).

Nahant is one square mile so hopefully the signal
would reach everyone.

I'm sure just about every school has published a list
of stations to turn to which would announce
cancellations (mostly stations like WRKO or WBZ,
I'd imagine, or local stations-- WESX, etc.)