Re: Globe on John Garabedian

One could always argue that management just didn't have enough to do. Now that
GMs, PDs, and MDs are each generally responsible for six or so stations, that
should no longer be a problem. But imagine if syndicated programs had to avoid
mentioning any number, word, or phrase used to identify a competing station in
any market in which the program was heard. I think that would rule out any
format in which there were liners between musical selections ;>)

Of course, there's nothing to stop an MD with extra time on his/her hands from
ruling any selection whose LYRICS suggested a competing station.

Would the next format du jour become "The same six songs all the time--with no
talk (except for commercials)?"
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205