RE: Today's LTAR

--- Larry Lovering <larry.lovering@cox.net> wrote:

> There is a song that was written by Curtis Mayfield
> and first done with the
> Impressions in 1964 called "People Get Ready," the
> lyrics of which mention a
> train to Jordan:

Years ago, we did a lot more travelling by trains so
there were many songs about them. "Mystery Train",
"Chattanooga Choo Choo", "Orange Blossom Special",
"The Atcheson, Topeka, and the Santa Fe",
"She Caught the Katy" (the Kansas and Texas Railroad,
or K-T), and more.

"Midnight Special", originally by Leadbelly, refers to
a superstition prisoners have. If the light of a train
passing at midnight shines into their cell,
it means they will be getting released. "Let the
midnight special shine a light on me."