RE: Globe on John Garabedian

Mac died in October 1971.

The news broke in the middle of the night because I remember being at
WRKO talking with Phil Durkin (JJ Jordan)

I can not remember what WMEX was doing overnight then but I do recall it
was taped. Steve Fredricks had just left for WEEI, and I can not recall
who replaced him on talk.

Mac Richmond was to radio what Charley Finley was to baseball. He KNEW
talent and new how to promote. He just couldn't delegate authority.

He missed the boat with FM as he had the chance to buy WBOS for peanuts.
He turned it down because he was saddled with WPGC-FM in Washington and
thought FM would die from lack of intrest.