Re: "Kodachrome" (was CHRISTINA AGUILERA)

--- SteveOrdinetz <steveord@bit-net.com> wrote:

> Actually, it was the Hillside Singers that did
> ILTTTWTS, the Rooftop
> Singers' sole hit was "Walk Right In" from 1963.

Ah! I got my Singers mixed up! :)\

By the way, since we're talking radio edits, there
used to be a public radio show called Kids America
(locally on WBUR) which sometimes played novelty
songs. One such song was Steve Martin's hit "King
Tut".

The lyrics said, "Buried with a donkey/ He's my
favorite honky". The show edited it so that it
went: "Buried with a donkey/ Did you do the
monkey" (as in "did you (a dance)")

There are many such edits. Some that come to mind are
Charlie Daniels' "Devil Went Down to Georgia", which
subsituted "son of a gun" for... you guessed it;
also, Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl" re-ran his
vocal of "laughin' and a runnin'" at the point where
he would have sung, "Makin' love in the green grass".