Re: "Kodachrome" (was CHRISTINA AGUILERA)

> Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:24:41 -0500
> From: "A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@attorneyross.com>
> Subject: Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA
>
> On 30 Jan 2003 at 14:16, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>
> > Like I said we come a long way since WBZ censored Kodachrome.
>
> WBZ censored what?

To finally clarify this, the song "Kodachrome" by Paul Simon, a major
hit in summer 1973, began with the line: "When I think back on all the
crap I learned in high school, it's a wonder I could think at all...".

The word "crap" was censored on WBZ (and maybe elsewhere, but I don't
recall it being censored anywhere else here in Boston).

I was in high school at the time, I remember hearing the beginning and
thinking, "Cool, a high school put-down song!"

But the rest of the song after the first line is lyrically quite benign.

Eli Polonsky

http://mail2web.com/ .