Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Chonak" <rac@gabrielmass.com>
To: "Kevin Vahey" <k-vahey@attbi.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 11:16 PM
Subject: Re: CHRISTINA AGUILERA

> Even kids who claim they "don't listen to the
> lyrics" are going to be influenced by them.

Now that's a proposition that needs some evidence to substantiate it.
People have been using that argument against rock since the 1950s.  Ozzy
Osborne and AC/DC were sued claiming their songs caused suicides.  The
arguments didn't stand up in court and I've never seen any scientific
studies to support it.  I listened to AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds" hundreds of
times when I was a teen and I have yet to hire a hitman.  Though I'm still
working on my list . . .

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine
    Still waiting for the ringing in my ears to stop