Re: Fwd: Radio Announcers, Jingles & short i

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 04:26:15 -0800 (PST) Cooper Fox <fox893@yahoo.com>
writes:

> Now, do people plead "innocent" or "not guilty"?  I
> have heard both in the media, but I seem to remember a
> college in tellng us that i was one or the other...
> Can't remember which, though.

As I understand it, the legal plea is Not Guilty,  I have been told by
old newspaper types that papers began using the term "Innocent" in place
of Not Guilty out of concern of a typo and dropping the word NOT.  It's a
holdover on TV and Radio these days although I always make it a point to
say Not Guilty.
df