Re: Bruins vs. State of Union

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:17:33 -0800 (PST) Bob Nelson
<raccoonradio@yahoo.com> writes:

> --- Dave Faneuf <tklaundry@juno.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:26:19 -0800 (PST) Bob Nelson
> > <raccoonradio@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Just a guess but I don't think they'd put it on WODS
> > perhaps a tape delay
> > of the game?
>
> Could be, but when--at midnight? WBZ would want to
> have post-speech analysis by Paul Sullivan or someone
> else, which would be an hour or two.
>
> Depends what their Bruins contract calls for...Perhaps
> the B's would prefer that 'BZ shift the game to a
> sister station to have it on live (if something like
> a State of the Union speech came along), or maybe they
> can indeed tape delay it, etc.

Even though WODS and WBZ share a GM they have different PD's and are no
longer in the same building.  If they were still at SFR all they would
have had to do was dial up the appropriate Studio Pgm bus on the router
on the air board and pot it up.  I don't think they can do that any
longer even if WODS wanted to air it (which I doubt).  The President's
speech is supposed to start about 9ish, figure an hour or so with
commentary after.  I guess it depends on whether BZ wants to take the
democratic response or not.  I know NPR is planning coverage til at least
11pm including analysis and the dems response.
df