Re: Bruins vs. State of Union

--- Dave Faneuf <tklaundry@juno.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:26:19 -0800 (PST) Bob Nelson
> <raccoonradio@yahoo.com> writes:

> Just a guess but I don't think they'd put it on WODS
> perhaps a tape delay
> of the game?

Could be, but when--at midnight? WBZ would want to
have post-speech analysis by Paul Sullivan or someone
else, which would be an hour or two.

Depends what their Bruins contract calls for...Perhaps
the B's would prefer that 'BZ shift the game to a
sister station to have it on live (if something like
a State of the Union speech came along), or maybe they
can indeed tape delay it, etc.

Not too long ago, WEEI found itself tape delaying N.E.
Revolution games-- and sometimes they'd air at
midnight or even 1 am-- because of baseball (or maybe
Monday Night Football) conflicts. They could have
shifted the soccer to sister WRKO but 'RKO's PD may
have wished to run regular programming instead,
thus shifting soccer to wee hours on 850.

(Since we're talking news coverage vs. sports,
remember that night when we saw a split screen on
TV-- one with a basketball playoff, and one with
the police pursuing a certain Ford Bronco? :) )