Re: Re:Hypothetically speaking...in NH...

Well, I think you're wrong--quite wrong. The cost of building a new AM is quite
high. In the northeast especially, frequencies are unavailable; the only way to
get them is to take other stations dark, which involves buying them or paying
off the owners. And then you can wait decades for zoning and environmental
approvals. Building new AMs (and for the most part, upgrading existing ones) is
just not an option in this part of the country. If an upgrade involves a COL
change, you have to wait for the FCC to open one of its "filing windows," which
literally can last only a day and occur once in a blue moon. The last one
occurred about three years ago. That was when WRCA and what was then WSRO
applied to move to Watertown and WKOX applied to move to Newton.

--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205