RE: WCEA-LP On Ch.40, NOT Ch.58?

>Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:08:19 -0800 (PST)
>From: "Peter Q. George" <radiojunkie3@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: WCEA-LP On Ch.40, NOT Ch.58?
>
>WCEA-LP IS on the air on Channel 58 as of last week.
>I saw it on Saturday night in Charlestown.  Its'
>signal pales compared to the old Channel 19 signal.
>It is also simulcasted on W40BO/Needham (on FM 128).

The Channel 58 signal is barely coming in, all snowy in Somerville, and I'm
on the east side halfway down a Boston-facing hill. The Pru can be seen if
you look through the right spots between houses and trees across the street.
The Channel 40 signal from Needham comes in a lot better here.

The small hill I'm on the side of provides fairly good signal access to the
southeast (Boston), south, southwest (Needham), and west. Anything coming
from the north doesn't make it in very well.

Eli Polonsky

http://mail2web.com/ .