Re: WCEA-LP On Ch.40, NOT Ch.58?

<<On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:07:17 -0500, "Kevin Vahey" <k-vahey@attbi.com> said:

> Analog not going away for a loooooong time
> It maybe another 5 years or more before digital service restored in NYC

Actually, probably a lot sooner.  The current plans are to put a
wideband UHF antenna up on Empire and operate digital from there.

> as they still have no clue where replacement mast going to be. Last I
> saw they looking at City or Rikers Island.

Nope.  MTVA is currently looking to build a tower in Bayonne.
Probably another year of permitting before they can break ground.  The
previous proposal of Liberty State Park was deemed unsuitable due to
the difficulty of controlling access to the site.

-GAWollman