Re: Children of Herakles

At 02:37 PM 1/17/2003 -0500, Chris Beckwith wrote:
>I found it even more curious that a service funded in part by the feds would
>publish an article openly advocating the rampant violation of federal
>copyright
>laws in order to avoid paying for music.  And I seriously doubt that it's any
>harder to find Faith Hill songs than Avril Lavigne tunes on P2P
>services.  http://tinyurl.com/4klk
>
>Take care,
>Chris

Well, first off the amount of funding WBUR receives from the feds is pretty
small.  I seem to remember it's something like less than 5% of their annual
budget...although that's a really vague number in my memory from a
fundraiser at some point.  Mr.Faneuf might have more current info.   Point
is, WBUR never has and probably never will adjust their mindset in
reporting to account for any influence from federal dollars.

I think the point behind the article itself was not so much advocation of
illegal downloading, but more that the internet's vast resources of obscure
material that is relatively easy to access is rapidly making the
traditional sales model of tapes & CD's more and more irrelevant.