Re: Re:Clear Channel cuts do include on air positions

----- Original Message -----
From: "SteveOrdinetz" <steveord@bit-net.com>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: Re:Clear Channel cuts do include on air positions

> You're also talking about a pair of stations owned by a (rather eccentric)
> man who has more money than he can possibly ever spend.  While they do
> appear to be run as a business, I doubt he cares if they make money for
him
> or not...he just wants to own some radio stations.  I'm sure those
stations
> would be run quite differently if he had to receive a reasonable return on
> investment.  Wasn't he the one who installed a heavy-metal format on 620
> back in the mid 80s and kept it there for several years even though he
> couldn't give away ad time?

As I noted in my earlier post, King's stations are not typical because
profit is not a concern.  I don't listen enough to make any guess about the
stations' profitability, but I'm sure return on invetsment is not an issue
of concern.

In the 1980s, WZON was commercial free for a time with liners that said
things like "50,000 in a row."

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine