Re: Re:Clear Channel cuts do include on air positions

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Dan Billings wrote:

> As I noted in my earlier post, King's stations are not typical because
> profit is not a concern.  I don't listen enough to make any guess about the
> stations' profitability, but I'm sure return on invetsment is not an issue
> of concern.
>
> In the 1980s, WZON was commercial free for a time with liners that said
> things like "50,000 in a row."

In one of his recent books, in the beginning, he mentioned owning WKIT and
WZON and admitted that there is a small loss in running the stations.
Nothing significant he said, but enoguh to bug him, but he can't do much
about it because he is competing agasint Clear Channel and Cumulus......

I forget the name of the book, but it was a collection of stories and had
a white cover.....I only read the beginning part when someone pointed it
out to me.

Jeremy