Re: Media myths (Was Townsend)

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:28:13 -0500 "Dan Billings"
<billings@suscom-maine.net> writes:
> [...]

Is means what? ;-))

Of course Gore was trying to come off in the best light possible, but the
fact remains he did not make any claims that were not supported by the
facts, therefor the myth is that Al Gore is a liar and that is no more
true of Al Gore than it is for any of us.  The myths are perpetuated by
talk show hosts etc who continue to present statements like "Al Gore
claims to have invented the internet, Al Gore says he discovered Love
Canal, Al Gorre says he and Tipper were the basis of Love Story" even
though, as intelligent people, they no doubt have seen the statements in
their context, know them to be false, but continue to put forward the
"popular" beliefs.   I don't think anyone can say Al Gore has had an "an
imaginary or unverifiable existence."
df