Re: Townsend

----- Original Message -----
From: "tony schinella" <radiotony@attbi.com>
To: "Boston Radio" <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 10:07 PM
Subject: Re: Townsend

> Plus, they nailed Gary Glitter for having kiddie porn on his hard drive.
> When he handed in his computer to a tech company to fix, the techs found
the
> files and called Scotland Yard. I believe he only served a year or two. It
> wasn't that long.

Townsend claims that he didn't actually download any child porn.  We'll see
if there is anything on his hard drive.  However, it could be argued that he
possessed the child porn when he viewed it because the porn was in his
computer's RAM.  The records of Townsend accessing the site might be enough
to convict him.  Not sure if that theory has ever been tried in court.  It's
usually not necessary because when they bust these guys, their computers are
usually full of the stuff.

Howie Carr was talking about Townsend on his show today and immediately went
to the rumors of Townsend being gay.  I thought it was unfortunate that Carr
made the link between homosexuality and child abuse.

Gary Glitter was just recently busted in Malaysia for child sexually abuse.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine