Re: Fwd: WICN Audio

At 01:08 PM 1/12/2003, Laurence Glavin wrote:

>DATE: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:33:19
>From: Larry Weil <kc1ih@mac.com>
>To: Boston Radio <boston-radio-interest@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
>Does anyone else notice distorted and over-compressed audio on WICN (90.5,
>Worcester)?  They were so bad this morning that I just couldn't listen.  I
>sent an e-mail to the general manager, hopefully something will be done.
>--
>Larry Weil
>Lake Wobegone, NH
>
>Was this while you were travelling on the'Pike?  I find it hard to believe
>you get WICN in the Live Free or Die state...I live close to NH, but still in
>Mass and I can't get any kind of usable signal from WICN.  Once in a
>while The Glob references WICN in its radio highlights box, but for
>people in Greater Boston, all they can probably get is BC's WZBC.
>
>Laurence Glavin

Strictly by contours WICN's non-protected does reach up into NH...you might
be too far east to get it, Laurence, because of WZBC (as you mentioned) but
someone west of Nashua might be able to pick it up.

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
AOL-IM: ReadAaron         Brighton, MA 02135