Fwd: Re: Lowell Spinners' radio broadcasts

DATE: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 18:27:04
From: Dave Faneuf <tklaundry@juno.com>
To: gary@afternoonlive.com
Cc:boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org

I wonder how much of that is because of the old WCCM signal in Lowell ,
yeah I know they didn't drop power but still I've always found them a
little scratchy and they really didn't do any serious promotion or
advertising in Greater Lowell for the Spinners at least not that I saw
and if I didn't see it.

On a few occasions in the past few months, but not lately, I have in fact
observed a very slight difference between AM 800's signal mid-day and at night.  I live close enough to the tower so that I get an an almost
overhelmingly
strong signal in both modes.  I'll check again next weekend...I won't get home
tonight before sunset and I'm not around working days when they're operating
with daytime facilities.  According to the pamphlet the Jibguy sends
out, AM 800 only drops from 600 or so watts to 245 watts, not the nosedive WJIB-AM makes.

Laurence Glavin