Re:Re:Re:Wired.com on Reversing Consolidation

At 12:59 AM 1/10/2003, A. Joseph Ross wrote:
>On 9 Jan 2003 at 0:22, Garrett Wollman wrote:
>
> > (Dallas has been playing this game for a long time: the original
> > Dallas 570 station -- originally WFAA-WBAP and now KLIF -- was a
> > move-in from Wichita Falls in the thirties.  In some other parts of
> > Texas, you're now seeing move-ins from rural third-tier communities to
> > provide more service to the second-tier cities that lost most of their
> > stations to large nearby metros.)

In Texas especially, though...aren't some of these "move-in's" a response
to the second-tier cities quadrupling their land area as well?   A old
co-worker of mine used to live in Dallas; he mentioned that in the 1980's
Dallas and Ft. Worth used to be an hour's drive apart...but by the time he
moved up to Boston (2001) they are literally one long city along I-30.

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
AOL-IM: ReadAaron         Brighton, MA 02135