WCEC-AM Adjusts Schedule (slightly)

As noted before, WCEC-AM 1110 licensed to Salem, NH, takes many liberties
with its supposedly daytime-only schedule.  Today, Jan 8, which I believe
is the day of the year's latest sunrise, WCEC signed on at EXACTLY 5:45 am, its sign-on time for August.  This hasn't changed for months.
What they DID adjust was their sign-off time, moving it from just after 5:00 pm in December to about 5:30 pm now (I just heard it sign off at 5:28 pm).
Now maybe it has some kind of post-sunset authority relative to sunset
in Charlotte, NC
but signing on 90 minutes before the time that other stations in the area
sign on or go to daytime facilities seems unlawful.  I noted that the
signal strength in the morning was the same as midday.  I listened to
the sign-off in the car...I couldn't tell if the signal was attenuated in
any way...Providence's 1110 and even WBT were causing background noise.
(At sign-on, there was no legal ID, they started the day with CNN Spanish or Radio Unica in progress;
the sign-off happened abruptly in the MIDDLE OF A SPOT on Radio Unica, again no legal ID.)

Laurence Glavin
(within easy bicycle-riding distance from the WCEC towers,
which believe me are not towering towers)