Re: Could it be....

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 08:04  AM, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> Joseph Pappalardo wrote:
>> I thought Jeanne Dixons claim to fame was that she predicted the
>> Kennedy
>> assasination in some way, shape or form.
>>
>> I think this was documented somehow...and she rode on that one thing
>> for a
>> lonnnng time.
>
> Her SOLE claim to fame if I'm not mistaken.  It was many years ago,
> but I remember seeing her "prediction" somewhere and it was pretty
> vague...there was a mention of an untimely death of the president who
> would be elected in 1960 (I think the prediction was made in the mid
> 50s), but it didn't specify assasination, nor that it would
> necessarily occur during his term in office.  It's like
> Nostradamis...you can read into it pretty much what you wish.

You of course are referring to the so-called "zero factor".  Which
supposedly predicted the demise of any American president elected in a
year ending in zero.  Starting with Abraham Lincoln, elected in 1860,
and ending with Kennedy, elected in 1960, the presidents elected to
office in 1880, 1900, 1920, and 1940 all died in office.

Much was made of the "zero factor" in 1980 when Reagan was elected, and
many expected him to die in office, and not necessarily by an
assassin's bullet. The subject was brought up again when John Hinckley
made his attempt on the president's life. I guess that Reagan's
survival broke the jinx, because of the lack of (public) reference to
the fates of the previous "zero" presidents in the 2000 election.

Tony